Intimidating witnesses court

Any person who is not a minor may seek a temporary protective order by filing a petition in the Superior Court clerk's office between the hours of 8 a.m. No specific relationship between the parties is required.Any person who is not a minor may also seek relief on behalf of a minor by filing a petition.Although the problem of witness intimidation has special significance for prosecutors, it also has important implications for police.This guide focuses on the issues and responses that are most relevant to police, although useful resources for prosecutors are highlighted where appropriate.First, the petition must be filed with the Superior Court Clerk for the correct county.Most commonly, this will be a petition seeking protection from the Georgia resident. A good reason for this might be that you want to consult a solicitor and have not had enough time to do so. If you are not sure by then how you wish to plead, you can ask for an adjournment.

Before you make a decision, you are entitled to be given a summary of the prosecution case against you (‘advance disclosure’), which may influence what you decide to do.

(Josh Brolin plays a loose version of him in When Harlow, Judy Garland, Lana Turner, and countless other MGM actresses found themselves pregnant out of wedlock, the two men procured hasty abortions.

(They covered up the visits with false names and even false ailments.

Although in both cases the same offenders may be responsible for multiple events, their motives are different.

This document has been kindly provided by the Activists’ Legal Project. If you’re pleading not guilty and don’t want to go to the first hearing, you can try contacting the clerk of the court ahead of time and asking if a plea of not guilty can be entered in your absence – this will sometimes be accepted.


Leave a Reply